Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Reflection Over the Profile Process

For my profile essay, I wrote about my uncle. I see him once every couple of months and it is always just like any other daily conversation you would have with someone, so I really did not know him or anything regarding his background. The interview process really allowed me to dive deep into finding out every detail about him. It is crazy to think that all this time, I never knew how much his childhood affected him and shaped him into the person he is today and how much famous history he has lived through. I think most people forget that adults were children once, too.

We met at Rip Rap Roadhouse, of course, since that is his favorite place to go and I can always find him there. The interview process felt difficult because I really had to pull to get information out of him. That is surprising, however, because he is always a chatterbox. Once the interview was over, it was time for me to think of what to do with all of the information I just received.

It took awhile for me to see where I wanted to go with the paper, but after analyzing every piece of information and what it gave me, I came up with the idea of writing the paper about his relationship with his father. This idea was difficult, though, because I did not want to word anything wrong or misinterpret a major and important aspect of his life. It took a lot of reading over my notes and listening to the interview to make sure I achieved what I wanted this paper to be.

Once I returned the paper to them, I felt nervous since he was reading his life on paper told by me. He smiled and chuckled throughout reading it and told me that he felt "cool" since out of all people, I wanted him to be the one I interviewed. Overall, it was a mildly difficult essay, but I think I pulled it off and it was worth it to see everyone who read it happy about it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment