Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Live Hail Mary

This past Sunday, I got to go to my first NFL game. I am a fan of the Bengals and my friend is a fan of the Browns, so this was a perfect game for us to attend. We sat very close to the field and witnessed a Hail Mary with A.J Green receiving the pass. It got me thinking about how a Hail Mary got to be related to football. I looked up some information and found "How 'Hail Mary' Became Inextricably Linked to American Football" by John Walters. In this article, Walter defines what a Hail Mary is and how it made its name in American football. It even goes on to give examples of famous Hail Mary's.

This article mostly educates. Discussing the history of it all, defining Hail Mary, and giving examples of them is all to educate the reader. For football fanatics, this could also be considered an entertaining read.

Whether the team is on the winning or losing side, they will remember if a Hail Mary occurred during a game they once played. However, for the Browns, I am sure all their losses are meshing together, so they probably are not sure what happened during which game anymore. I cannot say too much though, considering my Bengals are only 3-4. Maybe executing more Hail Mary's will help.


http://www.newsweek.com/2016/10/28/theres-something-about-hail-mary-510723.html

No comments:

Post a Comment