Saturday, October 22, 2016

Christmas in Amsterdam

Every year, my mom and I have a tradition that for every Christmas we go on a vacation. My mom believes since I have everything I need, the best gift for her is to give me memories that I can have forever. I know some people may prefer gifts, but we both love to travel, so I think this tradition is perfect for the two of us.

What does that have to do with my article? Well, this year we are contemplating about going to Amsterdam. I started looking into it a little more since I do not know everything it has to offer. I only know of the typical tourist things to do. During my search, I discovered a short read called, "How to Spend the Perfect Christmas Day in Amsterdam" by Jane Szita. I was curious to see what this had to say since I may be in Amsterdam on Christmas. The article says a perfect day consists of ice skating, light festivals, church services, watching the Christmas Circus, and then seeing the Opera perform Hansel and Gretel.

For me, this article was educational, enlightening, and emotional. I learned about what typical people in Amsterdam do for Christmas, so I am now more informed and have a better feel for what it is like over there during that time. The reason this article was emotional was because it made me excited for the Christmas trip with my mom. Now, I just have to keep reading and see if this is actually where we want to go.

http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/Amsterdam-christmas-what-to-do

No comments:

Post a Comment